Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Summer Break

Since unpacking, I (Carrie) had a 2 month vacation from work.

Fun things that happened on my Summer break:

Michael and I went to the Macy's firework extravaganza on the Hudson River.



And finally...FIREWORKS... It was amazing, but lacking music, so we added some after the fact for your enjoyment.


Kenna came to visit NY her birthday weekend. We went to dinner at a fancy restaurant and then saw Mary Poppins, which was amazing. There was even tap dancing on the ceiling!

I went to Atlanta, then Destin to visit Andrea. We went to the ORIGINAL Chick-fil-A, aka The Dwarf House...


and then I brought her back to NY with me for a week. Unfortunately, I did not have the Flip with me for most of her visit, because some of the craziest things happened.

We went on a self-guided art & architecture tour of Central Park, which took ALL day!


We took the bus to the ferry, so we wouldn't have to pay $5 to park at the ferry. We got on the bus at about 11 pm that night and had to wait about 20 minutes for the bus to depart. I guess to save energy, the bus driver turned off all the lights and the engine, but assured us by saying "I'm not getting fresh or anything, but this bus isn't departing for another 20 minutes, so I'm going to cut the engine." He then proceeded to ask which stop we were getting off at. When we told him, he informed us that noone live in our neighborhood, but cop killers and sociopaths and that we should move immediately. He was telling us about the joys of Snug Harbor to which we replied we were planning on going the following day. He said, "Yeah, if you don't get killed walking home tonight." I was getting a little sick to my stomach imagining my impending death by my sociopath neighbors when I asked him what neighborhood he lived in to which he replied, "the white one." I felt a little better knowing he was mostly racist, and we made it home alive!

We did make it to Snug Harbor, where some of the highlights were the Chinese scholar garden, the LEMURtron & the Pakistanis for Mike Bloomberg rally.


We went to MoMa on Free Friday, which was a little chaotic, so we didn't stay too long... But we had a little fun...

After Andrea left, I spent the rest of the break crocheting little baby sweaters and such. More to come...

No comments: